Pogo sticks? What are they good for?!? Well, you might be pleasantly surprised to discover multiple great uses for this fun device. Apart from endless jumping entertainment, pogo sticks have drastically evolved from the first wooden design almost 100 years ago. Nowadays, they are even used in extreme sports called “Xpogo”, using pogo sticks with improved function and a design that can jump over 10 feet tall objects. Actually, the current Guinness Book World Record for height over a bar stands at 11 feet and a ½ inch. However, this only one feature out of many that the best pogo stick can deliver. They offer numerous fun activities suitable for every age. So, let’s take a look at the pogo stick list to find appropriate choice for you. If you want to get the best pogo stick on the market, you surely must get the Vurtego V4 Pro Pogo Stick, it wills et you back a pretty penny, but it’s well worth the investment. I for one would go with a cheaper pogo stick, in this case, we won’t be talking about one that will break after a couple of jumps, instead, the Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick offers the best value for the money, as you will see in our review!
Pogo sticks? What are they good for?!? Well, you might be pleasantly surprised to discover multiple great uses for this fun device.
Apart from endless jumping entertainment, pogo sticks have drastically evolved from the first wooden design almost 100 years ago. Nowadays, they are even used in extreme sports called “Xpogo”, using pogo sticks with improved function and a design that can jump over 10 feet tall objects. Actually, the current Guinness Book World Record for height over a bar stands at 11 feet and a ½ inch.
However, this only one feature out of many that the best pogo stick can deliver. They offer numerous fun activities suitable for every age. So, let’s take a look at the pogo stick list to find appropriate choice for you.
If you want to get the best pogo stick on the market, you surely must get the Vurtego V4 Pro Pogo Stick, it wills et you back a pretty penny, but it’s well worth the investment. I for one would go with a cheaper pogo stick, in this case, we won’t be talking about one that will break after a couple of jumps, instead, the Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick offers the best value for the money, as you will see in our review!
Top 10 Best Rated Pogo Sticks Reviews
Pogo Stick Reviews – PROs & CONs
Vurtego V4 Pro Pogo Stick Review
- air piston smoothness, air pressure adjustment which enables you to go high and low
- very solid aluminum built, making the whole stick just bursting with quality, durability,
- the option to jump even higher than with V3, versatility in size, it’s also quieter than the V3.
- The solid built comes with a price and a rather big price. The V4 pogo stick is expensive, but you certainly won’t throw your money into a trash bin, as the V4 is extremely durable.
- The second thing that might not be so great is the fact that it requires some time for maintenance. You would have to clean and oil the chain regularly.
Flybar Super Pogo 2 Review
- Perfect for intermediate pogo stick riders, durable, pretty to look at, has changeable hand grips and a handle bar, foot – wide pedal, comes in various sizes.
- Great for both adolescents and adults, able to achieve jumps up to 4 feet, able to support 200 – pound people
- When you first buy it, you will probably find that the spring is a little bit stiff, but this will likely go away the more you use it, as it should loosen up and achieve the desirable flexibility.
- Other than that, this pogo stick is a great sporting device and also a great investment.
Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick
There’s nothing quite like having fun on your pogo stick around the house. If you are bored and you are looking for something to keep you active, then this pogo stick is great for you. Also, it gives you a great workout. Looking for a way to burn off those calories? A pogo stick is a great way to work yourself out. It gives you all of the benefits that you would get from working out with all of the added fun. The Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick is one of the best on the market right now because of its quality and durability. Let us take a look at some of its features.
Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo Stick
Flybar has been the top brands for years when it comes to producing pogo sticks. The company has been in business since the 20s, making it a trusted and reliable brand in the industry. If you are looking for an exciting but safe way for your kids to have fun around the house then this is definitely a great choice for you. The pogo stick comes with features that would make every single kid to be captivated. Apart from just that, it is also safe for usage. This gives your kids all of the benefits that a pogo stick can bring and more safety features.
Razor Gogo Pogo Stick
Are you looking for a pogo stick that has all of the elements of the older sticks you fell in love with when you were a kid? Then this is the best for you. If you miss the better days when people used to jump around on sticks, then this would remind you of those days. This pogo stick would remind you of those fun days when you were a kid. It gives you balance like never before and still provides you with the safety features that you need. Giving you the modern twist like never before, this pogo stick would give you the experience of a lifetime.
Super Pogo 1505 Pogo Stick
Are you a fan of pogo sticks? Do you want your kids to have a lot of fun hopping around the yard or the open field? Then this is a great opportunity for you. It gives you the opportunity to buy an authentic pogo stick with quality like never before. This pogo stick gives you a lot of value for your money. It has a stable hopping base that can reduce the chances of your kids getting hurt or injured while playing. It is the best pogo stick for all children above the age of 14. Let us take a look at some of the features of this pogo stick.
Flybar Chrome Master Pogo Stick
Pogo sticks would always be a thing. These jumping, flying, hopping machines give your kids a lot of fun and would provide you with the safety that would help to reduce the chances of your kids getting injured when playing around the house. It is appropriate for all the ages from 9 and above, giving your kids the chance to have a lot of fun like never before. Also, it supports all the weight categories from 80 to 160lbs. If you are a fan of pogo sticks then this would give you a lot of good value for your money.
Sanwo Pogo Stick
The Sanwo Pogo Stick is one of the best pogo sticks for adults. It can be used by anyone from ages 9 and above. It is covered with foam, which improves the safety feature greatly. It also comes with an easy grip feature that would help you to hold on to the stick like never before. This means you don’t have to worry about whether your kids are going to slip off or not because they just aren’t going to. It comes in red and green, giving you the chance to buy for your male and female children.
Foam Maverick Pogo Stick
The Foam Maverick Pogo Stick is one toy that puts comfort in mind. You would rarely get injured or fall awkwardly when you are using this pogo stick because it has all of the comfort and safety features that you would require. It has a great design that just makes you want to hop all day. Also, it is very affordable, giving you very good value for your money. The entire stick is padded with foam and has the handlebars that would give you the positioning that you would want. In all, this is the ultimate fun apparatus for kids all over. Let us take a look at some of the features.
Jr Pogo Stick New Bounce
Are you a fan of pogo sticks? Would you like your kids to participate in the ageless fun sport that comes with hopping around on pogo sticks? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then the Jr Pogo Stick New Bounce, Easy Grip is one toy that you would definitely have a lot of fun using. It comes in the simple design that we have grown to love with pogo sticks, and it also has a color scheme that will make your kid feel like bouncing all of the time. We have carefully highlighted some of the best features of the Jr Pogo Stick New Bounce, Easy Grip.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Rated Pogo Sticks Reviews
- 2 Pogo Stick Reviews – PROs & CONs
- 2.1 Vurtego V4 Pro Pogo Stick Review
- 2.2 Flybar Super Pogo 2 Review
- 2.3 Flybar Foam Master Pogo Stick
- 2.4 Flybar Foam Maverick Pogo Stick
- 2.5 Razor Gogo Pogo Stick
- 2.6 Super Pogo 1505 Pogo Stick
- 2.7 Flybar Chrome Master Pogo Stick
- 2.8 Sanwo Pogo Stick
- 2.9 Foam Maverick Pogo Stick
- 2.10 Jr Pogo Stick New Bounce
- 3 How Do Pogo Sticks Work?
- 4 Learn Pogo Stick Tricks
- 5 Pogo Stick Care
How Do Pogo Sticks Work?
A pogo stick is a tool for bouncing off the ground in a standing position. It has footstools close to the base, and the force is generated by compressing the flagstaff with a handle on the top. Every pogo stick has joint springs that stretch underneath your feet. The force of the springs lifts the rider up in the air and it continues to give them unceasing bouncing delight. That being said, there are a few safety tips to remember:
- Never try a pogo stick for the first time alone
- Use it only on hard ground – avoid soft surfaces like sand or grass
- Helmet and shoes are a must
- Do not use a pogo stick without rubber tip
Best Pogo Sticks for Adults
Most of us grow up, but that doesn’t mean we can’t stay young at heart. You can still have innocent fun with new neat features of the best pogo sticks for adults. Use it to remain active and healthy while having the time of your life. Best rated pogo stick models for adults provide:
- A large weight capacity
- Quieter design so that you don’t disturb the neighbors
- Variety of colors, springs & footplates components
- Adjustable height for every size
- Rotating handlebars (optional)
- Different type of materials
When selecting the best pogo stick for you or friends, the most important thing to consider is durability, which depends on the materials used for its construction, and weight limits. Other available options are there to help you adjust your pogo stick based on your body type and experience.
Best Pogo Sticks for Teenagers
What a greater way to engage stubborn teenagers in healthy exercise than giving them a pogo stick? They can have so much fun with their friends and fall in love with this device as they learn multiple tricks, so you can finally relax, stop worrying about their whereabouts and activities. New age pogo sticks provide safety combined with comfort, as well as several benefits crucial at that age:
- Unique design (retro or steel modern look)
- High jumps
- Changeable handgrips
- Diversity of footpegs
- Easier control
- Indestructible rubber tip options
- Multiple available sizes
Best Pogo Sticks for Children
We all know children have excess energy and can’t keep still for long. Instead of randomly running around and or playing games on the computer, why not give them something that combines play and skill development?
Pogo sticks for kids teach the young ones about balance while they exercise with joy. They come in so many happy colors with a design made especially for kids, though there are some age limits.
For example, you can choose an option rated for the age of 5 to 8 or look for a better solution with sturdier pogo sticks for those around 9 to 14. But whatever you end up purchasing, don’t forget to include a helmet, as your kid’s safety should be your number one priority.
Learn Pogo Stick Tricks
If you thought pogo sticks serve only to bounce in one place, well you thought wrong. With improved features, pogo sticks are used for plenty of tricks worthy of a champion. Nevertheless, one must start with basics, therefore the actual pogo jumping starts with:
- Place one foot on the footrest;
- Slightly press that foot down to engage the spring;
- Place the second foot on the pedal;
Practice until you get a hold of it and once you feel comfortable, start adding a few extra jumps.
- Put the handlebars towards your body
- Hold the stick tightly against your legs
- Tilt the pogo stick in the direction of your choice
This sounds easy but you would be surprised how tough it can be when first starting. Common mistakes to avoid are:
- Looking down – try looking 15 feet in front of you;
- Pushing the pogo stick away from you – your first instinct will tell you to bounce with a pogo stick in front of you, so try to control it by holding it tightly aligned with your legs and hands until you feel free to loosen up.
When you master these initial steps, try practicing some of the popular tricks:
- No footer: Jump in the air and kick both your feet off the pogo stick.
- No handler: Jump until you feel ready to let go of the handlebars and do a hands-free bounce.
- Peg tap – A small jump is an excellent start for practicing the pogo without stressing about what you are doing. From there on, take one hand off the handlebars and one foot of the pads, rotate the stick 90 degrees and lean it against the ground.
- Peg grabs: Bend the knees while jumping and take one hand off the handlebars to grab the footpeg. If you don’t feel ready for it, try reaching down slightly for the pegs.
- 180 Barspin: Another simple trick is to jump up and rotate the stick without your hands for 180 or 360 degrees in the air. Although 360-degree spins are considered to be an advanced technique.
- 180 Switch – an Easier version of the mentioned Barspin process. Instead of rotating the stick with your legs, keep the hands on the handlebars and cross them to rotate the pogo stick. The only difficulty is trying to land on the reversed foot pads.
- Over jumprope – Here is one fun trick for kids. Just take a jump rope and start bouncing over it without holding the pogo handles.
- Heel clicker – For this one, one must know how to do the “No Footer” perfectly. Start pushing the pogo stick down with your hands and raise your legs. When you see a chance, take it and clap your feet together in front of the stick.
- Cannonball grab – This trick is similar to a Peg grab, but with one little difference. It is a Peg grab on both sides of the footpegs simultaneously.
- Tuck – When conquering the basis of the “Cannonball”, you can start rehearsing squats during a jump. Push the handlebars in front of you, while bending the knees and pulling your feet under your butt. However, start with slow movements of your legs and arms and then gradually increase the speed.
Pogo Stick Care
There are a lot of different materials used in pogo sticks. From plastic, metal, mixing and matching, they all deserve the proper care and cleaning so that it remains in the same shape as the first day you bought it. Depending on the model you’ve chosen, there are several important steps to proper pogo stick care. You can look for maintenance information on your particular model on the manufacturer’s website, but keep in mind all of them need to be cleaned regularly, which usually means that you need to:
- Soak it in hot water – Specific models with plastic foot pad parts require you to soak them in hot water for a minute to more easily assemble them with the metal steps. This also applies to plastic handle grips.
- Lubricate it – Pogo sticks are lubricated at the factory, however, they must be additionally lubricated every few days.
- Let out some air – Models with air pumps need to occasionally let the air out of the cylinder.
- Thoroughly clean the piston and seal.
- Wipe down the insides of the cylinder.
- Tighten every screw, especially those around the bottom.
- Angle the stick and thump it firmly onto the bounce pad.
- Make sure no air escapes from the pogo stick.
- Double check to make sure everything is in its place.
These classic toys have become powerful exercising tools with some technological improvements. Today, you can still buy old fashioned spring powered pogoes with all of the characteristics that modern sticks allow.
Safety, comfort, unique designs, better control, higher jumps, durability, different sizes, and weight options are just the tip of the iceberg. The most important thing the best pogo sticks provide is a healthy and joyous experience that will teach your body to have greater control and balance while also burning a few extra calories.
Regarding the prices, the best pogo sticks are quite affordable. Going from as low as $16 to over $400, one can find an ideal jumping/exercising device without breaking the budget. Hence, there are no excuses for not owning this useful piece of equipment, as it can enrich your lifestyle on so many levels. Just look at numerous reviews or talk with your neighbors and friends who already have them – they will tell you all about the advantages of having a pogo stick.